- University of Florida, Fisher School of Accounting, B.S. June, 1986
- University of Florida, College of Law, J.D. July, 1989
- Admitted to Florida Bar - September 1989
- Admitted to Southern District of Florida (federal court)
Relevant Work Experience (foreclosures):
- 1990 - 1993 worked for a plaintiff's (the banks) law firm prosecuting foreclosure actions where I handled several thousand foreclosure actions
- 1993 - present represented institutional investors purchasing foreclosed properties
- 2002 - 2007 represented individuals obtaining excess funds from foreclosure sales including negotiating reduced liens payoffs
- 2009 - present represent homeowners in foreclosure cases, represent individuals defending and prosecuting real estate matters in state and federal court, assist other attorneys in handling/understanding the real estate aspects of their cases, assist clients in filing title claims.
Relevant Work Experience (buyers and sellers):
- 1993 - 1997 was underwriting counsel for Nations Title Insurance of New York now known as Fidelity National Title - an title underwriter is someone who helps title agents decide how to close transactions. An agent of mine was hired by Countrywide Home Loans to start a title company in Florida called LandSafe Title and she hired me to help her.
- 1997 - present after working for a law firm/title company devoted solely to real estate closings for 5 1/2 years where I closed over 5,000 transaction I went into partnership with two friends in their title company and then in 2005 started my own title company and law firm.
My family moved to Broward County, Florida when I was 7 where I lived until I went to college and then returned "almost home" to Palm Beach, County, Florida as that is where my first job as an attorney was. I have worked in Boca Raton, Florida since 1997.